Let's Stand Stronger
Boyd understands the threat of terror attacks and other explosions can leave your building occupants in grave danger. Our engineers strive to protect people by continually studying the latest AAMA windows blast testing procedures. Our research leads to safer blast resistant window systems, and our product lines include Certified Level 1 options—the safest rating available. We also offer Certified Level 2 options.
If your building project involves blast rated windows, we can help. Boyd's Blast products specialists will get familiar with your design and provide proper information and the best blast resistant window choices for your particular building. With Boyd, you'll know every window you use meets DoD or GSA Compliance requirements, from start to finish.
Stand stronger with Boyd—the leader in blast.
Blast Resistant Window Systems
Boyd offers a wide selection of blast resistant window systems. Each series is available with incredibly versatile installation options and meets requirements for GSA-TS01-2003, UFC 4-010-01 with changes 1, 22 2007, and Anti-Terrorism Force Protection:
- Series 2300—project out, high-performance blast windows; available with AW-85 AAMA rating or HC-85 AAMA rating
- Series 2400—project-out, casement blast windows engineered for harsh weather; True, Interior, & Historical muntins; available with AW-60 AAMA rating or HC-60 AAMA rating
- Series 2400—project-in blast windows engineered for harsh weather; True, Interior, & Historical muntins; AW-100 AAMA rating
- Series 950—sliding blast windows; thermal-break constructed; two tandem adjustable rollers; Interior & Historical muntins; AW-90 AAMA rating
- Series 600—durable, smooth-sliding blast windows; numerous application capabilities; Interior muntins; CW-40 AAMA rating
- Series 3000—single-hung windows blast resistant; 4" system depth; True, Interior, & Historical muntins; AW-80 AAMA rating
- Series 300——cost-competitive answer; perfect for new construction; 2.375" system depth; CW-35 AAMA rating
- Series 3500—double-hung windows blast resistant; 4" system depth; True, Interior, & Historical muntins; AW-70 AAMA rating
- Series 4100—fixed windows blast approved; 4" system depth; AW-100 AAMA rating
- Series 4000—fixed windows blast approved; 4" system depth; AW-75 AAMA rating
- Series 2200—durable blast windows system; 2.375" system depth; thermal barrier protection; AW-100 AAMA windows rating
AAMA Blast Window Expertise
Boyd believes training and guiding our customers on blast standards is just part of excellent service. As an AAMA Blast Task Force Committee Member and an AAMA Blast Education leader, Boyd is qualified to teach the latest AAMA windows requirements. We also offer DoD and GSA Compliance guidance and training, so you can stay current and up to code. We test all our blast rated windows series using proven GSA/ISC Performance Conditions Standards. And Boyd engineers numerous products that earn DoD and GSA Blast Ratings of Level 1 (the highest possible) and Level 2 (very high).
Blast Window Testing Examples
Here are some sample videos to demonstrate the GSA Compliance test results:
Level 1 Blast Protection—safe; no hazard; glazing does not break. No visible damage to glazing or frame.
Level 2 Blast Protection—very-high protection; no hazard; glazing cracks but is retained by the frame. Dusting or very small fragments near sill or on the floor acceptable.
Level 4 Blast Protection—medium protection and medium hazard level; glazing cracks. Fragments enter space and land on floor and impact a vertical witness panel at a distance of no more than 10' from the window at a height no greater than 2' above floor.
Level 5 Blast Protection—low protection; high hazard level; glazing cracks and window system fails catastrophically. Fragments enter space impacting a vertical witness panel at a distance of no more than 10' from the window at a height greater than 2' above the floor.
Ready for high-performing blast windows? Contact your Direct Assistance™ tech.